MIRECC Current Projects
- Blister Packaging Medication to Increase Treatment Adherence and Clinical Response: Impact on Suicide
- Medication overdoses account for substantial numbers of suicide-related behaviors. Non-adherence is a significant issue for those with psychiatric illness.
- Coaching into Care
- Coaching into Care works with family members who become aware of their Veteran’s post-deployment difficulties—and supports their efforts to find help for the Veteran.
- SERV Study “Survey of Experiences of Returning Veterans”
- An unprecedented number of women have been exposed to combat in the current Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts. There is some concern that women are more susceptible to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) than men due to prior traumatic experiences. In addition, post-deployment readjustment could be compounded by specific trauma women may have experienced while serving in the military.
- TBI-4 Study
- Military personnel are returning from current conflicts with traumatic brain injury (TBI). Brief and sensitive screening measures are needed to assess TBI in this population.