VISN 19 MIRECC Participation in Research
What You Should Know about Volunteering for Research
Contact the Eastern Colorado Health Care System VA Research Office at 303-399-8020 ext. 2755 if you have any questions or concerns.
You can also contact Jamie Pease at the Rocky Mountain MIRECC to discuss current research opportunities at 303-399-8020 ext. 2557.
Current Research Participation Opportunities
VISN 19 Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center (MIRECC) is seeking participants to learn about Relationships and Health in OEF/OIF Veterans.
You may be eligible to participate if you are:
- age 18 or older;
- have served in Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF)/Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF);
- in a current, romantic relationship (such as a dating or married relationship)
Veterans who participate will be compensated for their time.
What will I have to do?
- The study will take about 2 hours and involves answering a number of questions.
- This study will take place at the Denver VA Medical Center
Who Do I Contact?
If you are interested in participating in this study or if you have questions please call:
(303) 399- 8020 extension 5643
Research Opportunity for Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom Veterans
The purpose of this research study is to investigate the effects of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and/or post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) on thought processes.
VISN 19 Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center (MIRECC) is seeking participants to learn about thinking patterns in combat Veterans. Eligible Veterans will be:
- between the ages of 18 to 40;
- have served in Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF)/Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF); and
- are currently receiving or eligible to receive physical and/or mental health care through the VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System.
The study will take several hours over a couple of days and involves answering a number of questions. This study will take place at the Denver VA Medical Center and participants will be compensated for their time.
If interested in participating in this study or if you have questions, please call:
Gina Signoracci, Ph.D.
(303) 399-8020 Ext: 4653.
Please contact Dr. Yurgelun-Todd (801-582-1565 x2821 Deborah.YurgelunTodd@va.gov) with questions regarding research participation in the Salt Lake City area.