Newsletter | South Central MIRECC
Winter 2019, Volume 21, Issue 1 - In this Issue
Little Rock Site Update
Researchers Awarded ORH Funds for FY19
VISN 16 Providers Train in ACT
Research to Practice | Veteran Attitudes about Smartphone App Use for MH Care
Clinicians, Researchers & Staff Recognized with SC MIRECC Awards
Pilot Study Research Program Applications Due April 1
Implementation, Design and Analysis Support Available for Affiliates
- Ames D, Erickson Z, Youssef NA, Arnold I, Adamson S, Sones AC, Yin J, Haynes K, Volk F, Teng EJ, Oliver JP, & Koenig HG (2018). Moral injury, religiosity, and suicide risk in U.S. Veterans and Active Duty Military with PTSD symptoms. Military Medicine. Advance online publication
- Bovin MJ, Miller CJ, Koenig CJ, Lipschitz JM, Zamora KA, Wright PB, Pyne JM, & Burgess JF. Jr. (2018). Veterans’ experiences initiating VA-based mental health care. Psychological Services. Advance online publication.
- Cucciare MA, Han X, Timko C, Zaller N, Kennedy KM, & Booth BM (2018). Longitudinal associations between outpatient medical care use and substance use among rural stimulant users. American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 44(2), 235-243.
- Finley EF, Mader M, Bollinger M, Haro EK, Garcia H, Huynh AK, Pugh JA, & Pugh MJV (2017). Characteristics associated with utilization of VA and non-VA care among Iraq and Afghanistan veterans with PTSD. Military Medicine, 182(11), e1892-e1903.
- Hundt NE, Renn BN, Sansgiry S, Petersen NJ, Stanley MA, Kauth MR, Naik AD, Kunik ME, & Cully JA (2018). Predictors of response to brief CBT in patients with cardiopulmonary conditions. Health Psychology, 37(9), 866-873.
- Kanwal F, Pyne JM, Tavakoli-Tabasi S, Nicholson S, Dieckgraefe B, Storay E, Goetz MB, Kramer JR, Smith D, Sansgiry S, Tansel A, Gifford AL, & Asch SM (2017). A randomized trial of off-site collaborative care for depression in chronic hepatitis C virus. Health Services Research. Advance online publication.
- Littman A, True G, Ashmore E, Wellens T, & Smith N (2018). How can we get Iraq- and Afghanistan-deployed US Veterans to participate in health-related research? Findings from a national focus group study. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 18(1), 88. FREE ACCESS
- Mignogna J, Martin LA, Harik J, Hundt NE, Kauth M, Naik AD, Sorocco K, Benzer J, & Cully JA (2018). “I had to somehow still be flexible:” Exploring adaptations during implementation of brief cognitive behavioral therapy in primary care. Implementation Science, 13(1), 76. FREE ACCESS
- Pyne JM, Rabalais A, & Sullivan S (2018). Mental health clinician and community clergy collaboration to address moral injury in Veterans and role of VA chaplain. Journal of Health Care Chaplaincy,1-9.
- Thakur ER, Recober A, Turvey C, & Dindo L (2018). Benefits of an on-line migraine education video for patients with co-occurring migraine and depression. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 112, 47-52.
Last updated: January 23, 2019