MIRECC / CoE
Rocky Mountain MIRECC for Veteran Suicide Prevention
2019 Rocky Mountain MIRECC News for You Archive
- Podcast: Bouts with Burnout: Managing Work-related Stress Across the Suicide Prevention Field
- 31 December 2019 - We participated in this Short Take as a follow-up to our panel at the 2019 VA/DoD Suicide Prevention Conference titled, "Bouts with Burnout: Managing Work-related Stress Across the Suicide Prevention Field." We were honored to have so many engaged attendees and wanted to offer an opportunity for folks who could not attend to learn more about our panel. Our team included Monireh Moghadam, LCSW, who presented lessons learned and prevention approaches for clinicians and suicide prevention coordinators. Aaron Barrow (Peer Support Specialists) who talked about his experiences with being Veterans in recovery and working with suicidal Veterans. Jason Chen, PhD presented on the development and application of a model for wellness among research staff. Kyla Tompkins, MA, reviewed an applied example of implementing burnout prevention programming as a non-clinician.
Listen to Bouts with Burnout: Managing Work-related Stress Across the Suicide Prevention Field
- Podcast: How Evidence-Based Suicide Prevention Practices Are Making an Impact, With Dr. Matt Miller
- 17 December 2019 - This podcast episode provides examples of how data and research have informed the actions and outreach of VA's Suicide Prevention Program and highlights progress made in suicide prevention, providing hope to patients and providers. Matt Miller, Ph.D., MPH is the acting director of suicide prevention in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention.
Listen to How Evidence-Based Suicide Prevention Practices Are Making an Impact, With Dr. Matt Miller
- Podcast: The VA/Clergy Partnership for Rural Veterans with Chaplain Steve Sullivan
- 3 December 2019 - For part 4 of our Moral Injury series Georgia Gerard interviews Chaplain Steve Sullivan about how he helped create the VA/Clergy Partnership for Rural Veterans. This partnership brings together community clergy, mental health providers, and others to help veterans gain access to both VA and community care and support. Steve worked to establish six ongoing VA/Clergy "community action boards" (CABs) in rural sites throughout Arkansas. He also served as Implementation Lead for the VA Community Clergy Training Program from 2016 to 2019. Steve has served as a hospital and VA chaplain for the last 15 years. Steve currently works as the "Community Coordinator" for VA Mental Health and Chaplaincy in Durham, NC and serves as co-leader of their "Collaborating in Care: Ministry and Mental Health" trainings.
Listen to The VA/Clergy Partnership for Rural Veterans with Chaplain Steve Sullivan
Rocky Mountain Regional VAMC (RMR VAMC)
1700 N Wheeling St, G-3-116M
Aurora, CO 80045
Salt Lake City
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
500 Foothill DR
Salt Lake City, UT 84148