MIRECC / CoE
Rocky Mountain MIRECC for Veteran Suicide Prevention
Updated: 16 August 2018
- Ryan Holliday PhD
- Title: Rocky Mountain MIRECC Psychology Fellow - Denver
- Biography: Dr. Ryan Holliday completed his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and pre-doctoral internship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2017, where he received mentorship from Dr. Alina Suris at the VA North Texas Health Care System on research focused on cognitive processing therapy, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and military sexual trauma. He joined the Rocky Mountain MIRECC as a Postdoctoral Fellow in September 2017.
- His primary research interests include better understanding the psychosocial consequences of military sexual trauma among male and female Veterans, especially as they pertain to the intersection of PTSD and suicide. He is also interested in investigating and validating evidence-based treatments to best meet the needs of Veterans who have experienced military sexual trauma.
Holliday, R., Holder, N., Monteith, L. L., Surís, A. (2018). Decreases in suicide cognitions after cognitive processing therapy among Veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder due to military sexual trauma: A preliminary examination. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. Published online ahead of print. doi:10.1097/NMD.0000000000000840
Holliday, R., Smith, N. B., & Monteith, L. L. (2018). An initial investigation of nonsuicidal self-injury among male and female survivors of military sexual trauma. Psychiatry Research. Published online ahead of print. doi: 10.1016/j.psychres.2018.07.033
Surís A, Holliday R, Adinoff B, Holder N, North CS. Facilitating Fear-Based Memory Extinction With Dexamethasone: A Randomized Controlled Trial in Male Veterans With Combat-Related PTSD. Psychiatry. 2017 Winter;80(4):399-410. doi: 10.1080/00332747.2017.1286892. PubMed PMID: 29466111.
Wiblin, J., Holder, N., Holliday, R., & Suris, A. (2018). Predictors of unbearability, unlovability, and unsolvability in Veterans with military sexual trauma-related posttraumatic stress disorder. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. Published online ahead of print. doi: 10.1177/0886260518777554
- Dr. Ryan Holliday Receives 2018 APA Early Career Achievement Award
- 25 June 2018 - Dr. Ryan Holliday,a psychology fellow at RMIRECC, is the recipient of the 2018 APA Early Career Achievement Award! He is one of 14 people to be chosen out of a very competitive pool of candidates based on his achievements and demonstration of leadership.