MIRECC / CoE
Rocky Mountain MIRECC - Melissa McHarg BA
Updated: 20 July 2018
- Melissa McHarg BA
- Title: Program Specialist
- Contact information:
- Melissa McHarg graduated from the University of Denver, and was introduced to psychological research there. After graduation she pursued this interest in mental health working for residential treatment services, and later worked with several other non-profits that supply educational products and services.
- Melissa joined the Rocky Mountain MIRECC in January 2011 as a Research Assistant, providing support for the Denver Psychology Fellowship program and several research projects. She also served with the education committee, attending outreach events within the hospital as well as among the community. In March, 2014, Melissa became a Program Specialist, and now devotes her time primarily to the Education core.
- Fulfilling a passion for connecting helpful resources to those who may benefit from them, she is the MIRECC staff member who packages and ships educational orders placed on the Rocky Mountain MIRECC Website. She also greatly enjoys collaborating with other education core staff to update existing and develop new educational products that support Veterans, families and providers.
- Favorite Colorado activity: White water rafting and soaking in the hot springs, no doubt.
- If I weren’t at the MIRECC I would be: Working to protect and care for wildlife, writing kids’ books –or maybe trying out for The Voice.
- Inspiring quote: “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.” ~Tupak Shakur