VA » Health Care » MIRECC / CoE » Rocky Mountain MIRECC » Rocky Mountain MIRECC - Leah Wendleton MPH MSW
MIRECC / CoE
Rocky Mountain MIRECC - Leah Wendleton MPH MSW
Updated: 5 March 2019
- Leah Wendleton, MPH, MSW
- Title: Rural Outreach Program
- Contact information:
303.399.8020 ext. 4637
- As the Education Program Manager Leah works to get the word out about the research conducted at the Rocky Mountain MIRECC in Denver, Colorado. She works to create products and disseminate information that is accessible for professionals, Veterans, families, and to their communities.
- Leah completed her undergraduate degree in Psychology with honors at the University of Missouri – St. Louis. During her time at the University of Missouri she worked at the Center for Trauma Recovery and received a certificate in Trauma Studies. During her undergraduate work and throughout the next four years she worked and volunteer at Life Crisis Services a crisis intervention and suicide prevention hotline.
- Her passion for mental health motivated her to continue her education and pursue her Master in Public Health (MPH) and Master in Social Work (MSW) at Washington University in St. Louis. During the time that she completed her degrees she also worked at Washington University School of Medicine as a Research Patient Coordinator for a Geriatric Psychiatrist coordinating a variety of research studies. This experience fueled an interest in Research and lead to her seeking out an intern research opportunity with a researcher at the Department of Veterans Affairs in St. Louis.
- Working with the Rocky Mountain MIRECC Education Core allows her to explore her interests in public health work on mental health topics through health communication, dissemination and implementation.
- Beyond her education and professional interests Leah spends the time with her husband and dog watching movies, exploring and hiking in Colorado, and playing video games.
Some questions to get to know Leah:
What is your favorite quote?
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are”. - Theodore Roosevelt
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
What is your favorite kind of Ice Cream?
Mint Chocolate Chip