MIRECC / CoE
MIRECC Presents Online Continuing Education Webinars Technical Support
Technical Support for MIRECC Presents
It is essential that you use the provided course link and follow the instructions below to register for MIRECC Presents in TMS prior to session. A certificate of completion will be awarded to participants and accreditation records will be on file at the VA's Institute for Learning, Education and Development (ILEAD).
Certificate of Completion
In order to receive a certificate of completion from ILEAD, you must register in the TMS, attend 100% of the program and complete the evaluation as directed. Once completed; go into your Completed Work, hover over the title, and choose View Details to print your accredited certificate.
- Instructions for joining a Webinar
- Instructions for VA TMS Registration
- Instructions for Verification of Attendance
- Instructions for Completing Evaluation in TMS to Access Accredited Certificate
- Access your accredited certificate in TMS
- Deadline Date, Cancellation Policy, Accessibility - Reasonable Accommodation
- Instructions for recorded Webinars
- Instructions for Adobe Connect
MIRECC Presents is a continuing education series on mental health topics provided by the Veterans Affairs Northwest Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center (NW MIRECC) in collaboration with the VA's Institute for Learning, Education and Development (ILEAD). This webinar series is held on the first and third Wednesday of each month from October to June at 12 p.m. Pacific Time (3 p.m. Eastern Time).
Adobe Connect URL for MIRECC Presents webinars: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/mireccpresents/
Register through VA Talent Management System (TMS) to receive Continuing Education credits.
1. If you have not registered for the course:
a. Control-Click on the TMS Item Link.
b. Log in to TMS.
c. On the right side of the page there are three buttons: “Assign to Me”, “Start Course” and “Register Now”.
2. Select the “Register Now” button.
3. After you select “Register Now”, all your offering choices will appear. Select the time/date that works with your schedule.
(NOTE: If you select “Add to Learning Plan” option, this will add the training to your My Learning pod, but it does not register you for the training. You will then need to Register Now and register.)
4. After clicking on the “Register Now” button, the date, time and location for the scheduled offering will appear.
5. Select this program by clicking on the “Register Now” button to the right of the offering.
6. On the next page, add the accreditation you would like to receive from the dropdown – “Accredited Requested.” Then click on the “Confirm” button on the upper right side of the page. This will register you and add the training to your My Learning/No Due Date and you will receive an enrollment email confirmation from TMS.
1. Log in to TMS
2. If you have not registered for the course, you will need to do so
3. When the program is over, find the course in your My Learning pod
4. Click on Start Course or Continue Course button to the right of the course title
5. Look for the link titled “Confirm Attendance”
6. Before clicking on this link, be sure you have completed all links before “Confirm Attendance”
7. Click on Confirm Attendance
8. A new window will open and say ‘Thank you! Your attendance is now confirmed. Please close window”
9. Click “Close Window”
10. You have now verified your registration for this course, and should see a green check mark and completion date next to the “Confirm Attendance”
Please note: Program evaluations must be completed within 15 days of the conclusion of the program in order to receive a program certificate. After the program is over, you must complete the self-certification in TMS. If you did not register for the program, the TMS administrator will reconcile the registration list and mark you complete. You must still complete the evaluation before you can receive your certificate.
1. Log in to TMS
2. Locate the course on your My Learning
3. For Enduring Material: Click on Continue Course
4. For Enduring Material: Be sure you have completed all the objects
5. For Enduring Material: Click on the Self-Certification and self-certify, if appropriate
6. Locate the pending evaluation on your My Learning in the Due Later section, under course title.
7. Click on “Start Course Survey”.
8. Complete evaluation content and click “Submit”.
9. Click “Return to Online Content Structure.”
10. Follow the below instructions to access your accreditation certificate.
1. From the Home screen in TMS, click on “My History.”
2. Hover the mouse over the title of the program, and click “View Details” in the popup window that appears. DO NOT click on the “Print Certificate” here – this will give you the generic TMS certificate.
3. In the Completed Work Details screen, you should see a section named “Accreditation Details.”
4. Click the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your requested Accreditation.Your Accredited certificate should appear on the screen for you to save or print.
Please register two weeks in advance of the activity. For tardy registration requests, please contact the VA's Institute for Learning, Education and Development (ILEAD) Program Staff listed in the brochure.
Those individuals who have been accepted to attend and need to cancel: log into TMS, hover over the registered title and withdraw themselves at least two weeks prior to the program.
Accessibility Statement - Reasonable Accommodation
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Institute for Learning, Education and Development (ILEAD) is committed to providing equal access to this meeting (or event) for all participants. If you need alternative formats or services because of a disability, please contact your ILEAD Program Staff two weeks in advance of the activity.
Instructions for recorded Webinars
Recorded webinars can be viewed on the MIRECC Presents Archive online at; https://www.mirecc.va.gov/visn20/Education/past-webinars-mirecc-presents.asp
Supplemental materials (i.e. PowerPoint, Word documents/PDF's) are also hyperlinked to the archives. When available, PowerPoint slideshows contain contact information for follow-up questions.
MIRECC Presents webinars can be attended through an Internet browser and through the Adobe Connect desktop app. Prepare your computer with the VA's Institute for Learning, Education and Development (ILEAD) Adobe Connect desktop app by downloading the latest software online at https://www.adobe.com/go/ConnectShell11. This link will download the Adobe Connect EXE file needed to install the desktop app on your computer. For technical assistance installing Adobe Connect software, visit https://yourit.va.gov/ and click the Submit a Request button. You may also call the Enterprise Service Desk: (855) 673-4357 (TTY: 844-224-6186) to request assistance in installing the software.
The VA's Institute for Learning, Education and Development (ILEAD) must ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its individually sponsored or jointly ILEAD sponsored educational activities. All prospective faculty and planning committee members participating in an ILEAD activity must disclose any relevant financial relationship or other relationship with: (a) the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and / or provider(s) of commercial services discussed in an educational presentation, and (b) any commercial supporters of the activity. All financial relationships include, but is not limited to, such things as personal receipt of grants or research support, employee or consultant status, stockholder, member of speakers’ bureau, within the prior 24 months. ILEAD is responsible for collecting such information from prospective planners and faculty, evaluating the disclosed information to determine if a relevant financial relationship is present and, if a relevant financial relationship is present, to mitigate such relationship. Information regarding such disclosures and the mitigation of the relevant financial relationship for planners and faculty shall be provided to activity participants. When an unlabeled use of a commercial product or an investigational use not yet approved by the FDA for any purpose is discussed during an educational activity, ILEAD shall require the speaker to disclose that the product is not labeled for the use under discussion or that the product is still investigational.
The faculty and planning committee members reported that they had no relevant financial relationships with ineligible organization in any amount that occurred within the past 24 months that create a conflict of interest.
This activity includes no discussion of uses of FDA regulated drugs or medical devices which are experimental or off-label.