Resources and Tools
There are many tools and resources available to integrated care programs. The two listed below are utilized widely within the VA system, as well as in other settings.
Foundations for Integrated Care is a training program developed by the Department of Veteran Affairs for mental health providers who work in the primary care setting. The program was based on years of experience and the available research-based evidence. The manuals are available free of charge. If you decide to use them please make sure you let us know and appropriately acknowledge the training materials in any publications or publicity.
Contact: David Oslin, MD
- Volume 1 Building a Strong Foundation (PDF 10 MB)
- Volume 2 Depression and Anxiety Management (PDF 6.5 MB)
- Volume 3 Alcohol Misuse (PDF 8 MB)
- Volume 4 Referral Management (PDF 9 MB)
- Volume 5 Clinician Resources (PDF 7 MB)
- Volume 6 Patient Resources (PDF 42 MB)
Informatics support is key to the success of integrated care programs. One such tool is the BHL Software, developed by Capital Solution Design in partnership with the University of Pennsylvania and the VISN 4 MIRECC at the Philadelphia VAMC. For more information, view the brochures below or visit the vendor’s website.