VISN 5 MIRECC - Clinical Core
The Clinical Core is the operational arm of the VISN 5 MIRECC for all activities that involve clinical services and programs. Amy Drapalski, PhD is Associate Director for the Clinical Core and Anjana Muralidharan, PhD is the Assistant Director for the Clinical Core. Much of its activity involves linkage with the Education Core and Research Program in order to generate ideas and targets, and to enable their operations. The Mission of the VISN 5 MIRECC Clinical Core is to:
- Facilitate the successful implementation of clinical research protocols, including linking MIRECC investigators and clinical program directors.
- Provide clinical and operational consultation services for VISN 5 service providers and programs.
- Deliver training and consultation in evidence-based, Recovery-focused interventions for VA clinicians at local, regional, and national levels.
- Optimize the implementation of clinical education programs, including linking members of the VISN 5 MIRECC Education Core with program directors.
- Conduct systematic needs assessments to identify service gaps and generate ideas for new clinical, research, and educational programs.
- Conduct demonstration projects and field trials of innovative clinical services.
- Evaluate the process and outcome of Clinical Core collaborations and other activities.
The Primary Activities of the Clinical Core consist of the following:
- VA Social Skills Training (SST)
- Clinical Research Projects
- Clinical and Administrative Consultation (formerly titled Clinical & Operational Consultation Services)
- Clinical Demonstration Programs
- Psychopharmacology Case Consultation
- Small Recovery Grants Program
Clinical demonstration programs and research projects are often developed to address the findings of needs assessments conducted by the VISN 5 MIRECC, but they can also evolve in response to requests from VISN administrators and program directors, from Mental Health Performance Improvement Councils, and from research findings generated within the VISN 5 MIRECC and elsewhere.
For more information about the Clinical Core's activities, please visit the Clinical & Operational Consultation page.