VISN 5 MIRECC - Educational Core
VISN 5 MIRECC Education Core
The Education Core is the arm of the VISN 5 MIRECC for all activities that involve education and dissemination of research findings. The Core is led by Associate Director Melanie Bennett, Ph.D., Assistant Director Samantha Hack, Ph.D., and Coordinator Ralf Schneider, MA CPRP. We are committed to providing educational opportunities for students, advanced trainees, and professionals to contribute to the development of a cadre of researchers and clinicians who are dedicated to the study and treatment of Veterans with SMI. In collaboration with the Research and Clinical Cores, the Education Core plans and conducts events including presentations, webinars, workshops, and conferences that promote the translation of research and clinical findings to improve knowledge about mental health recovery for Veterans with serious mental illness. The Core also develops and disseminates resources for Veterans, their family members, clinicians, and community providers on topics related to related to serious mental illness and mental health recovery.
- Interprofessional Fellowship Program in Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Oriented Services
- Advanced Fellowship Program in Mental Illness Research and Treatment
- Peer Specialist Educational Webinar Series
- Scientific Meeting Presentation Series
- Webinars and Presentations by MIRECC Investigators
- MIRECC Matters Newsletter
- Upcoming Education Core Events
- Virtual Voices
For more information about the Educational Core's activities, please visit the Education & Training page.