New England MIRECC
Our mission is to improve mental health treatments and access to services for dually diagnosed Veterans who have mental health and substance use issues.
The VISN 1 New England MIRECC focuses on Veterans with co-occurring substance use disorders and mental illnesses as well as related issues such as VA-compensated disabilities, homelessness, criminal justice histories, and medical co-morbidities. We aim to:
- Better understand the prevalence and consequences of co-occurring substance use disorders and mental illness
- Improve the treatment of dually-diagnosed Veterans by developing innovative new treatments
- Devise more effective ways to deliver established treatments
- Create more effective programs by training VA service providers in therapies with proven efficacy.
Click on an Image to Go to that Area
- Mehmet Sofuoglu, M.D., Ph.D.
- Phone: 203-937-4809
- Patricia Sweeney, Psy.D.
Co-Director for Education
- Phone: 781-687-3015
- Richard Carson, LCSW
- Phone: 203-932-5711 Ext. 4338
- Ilan Harpaz-Rotem, Ph.D.
Co-Director for MIRECC Fellowship Program
- Phone: 203-932-5711 Ext. 2599