MIRECC / CoE
Rocky Mountain MIRECC for Veteran Suicide Prevention
- Claire Hoffmire, PhD (Principal Investigator)
- I am an epidemiologist at the VISN19 Rocky Mountain Mental Illness Research Evaluation and Clinical Center (MIRECC) and the mother of three young girls. I have worked in the field of Veteran suicide prevention for seven years with one emphasis of my work being to increase our understanding of gender differences in suicide risk to help optimize gender-sensitive prevention strategies. I am conducting this study because I believe that to better serve women Veterans, it is necessary to understand more about how and where women Veterans want to engage in healthcare.
- Laurel Gaeddert, BS (Research Study Coordinator)
- I have been a research study coordinator at the Rocky Mountain MIRECC since the fall of 2017. I have managed a variety of research studies both at the MIRECC and previously at my Alma Mater, the University of Denver. I am thrilled to be a part of this research team and hope this study can help advocate for enhanced services that will better meet women Veterans’ health care needs.
- Lindsey Monteith, PhD (Co-Investigator)
- I am a clinical research psychologist and investigator in the Rocky Mountain MIRECC. I have worked in the VA for eight years. My research is on veteran suicide prevention, particularly among women veterans and survivors of sexual trauma. I am excited about the potential for this study to help us gain valuable new information to better serve women veterans.
- Jodie Katon, PhD (Co-Investigator)
- I am an epidemiologist and health services researcher who has been conducting research in VA on reproductive health care for women Veterans for over seven years. I believe that to best serve women Veterans we must meet them where they are at, and I believe that this study will help VA do so.
- Lisa Brenner, PhD (Co-Investigator)
- I am a Board Certified Rehabilitation Psychologist and Director of the Rocky Mountain MIRECC. My primary research interest is traumatic brain injury, co-morbid psychiatric disorders, and negative psychiatric outcomes including suicide. I have over 20 years of experience working with Veterans.
- Alexandra Schneider, BA (Data Analyst)
- I am a data analyst and dog lover. I have worked for the Rocky Mountain MIRECC for almost nine years. I have extensive experience working with both large administrative healthcare databases and survey research data. Prior to working at the MIRECC I worked in a clinical OBGYN setting. These experiences, as well as my graduate level coursework in Biostatics and Informatics, have given me a unique understanding and appreciation of a variety of data sources.
- Christin Miller, MPH (Data Analyst)
- I recently joined the Rocky Mountain MIRECC in September as a data analyst after receiving my Master in Public Health in Epidemiology and Global Health last May. I am excited to work with this study team to further explore how to best serve women Veterans and meet their reproductive healthcare needs.
If you would like to find out more about the Rocky Mountain MIRECC for Veteran Suicide Prevention, please visit our website: