The CBOC Mental Health Rounds are held monthly on second Wednesdays from 8:00-9:00 a.m. CT and second Thursdays from 11:00-12:00 p.m. CT via Microsoft Lync. The target audience includes mental health providers who work in community-based outpatient clinics, although medical center providers are welcome to participate. The rounds are accredited through the VA Employee Education System. VHA clinical providers can earn 1 free hour of CEU per each monthly session.
July 2017 CBOC Mental Health Rounds Live Webinar
Staying Safe Part 2: Managing Disruptive Behavior
Edward Dubois and Danny McCamley
VA Office of Security & Law Enforcement
Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 8-9 am CT
Thursday, July 13, 2017, 11am-12 pm CT
Click below to register for this training in TMS. Be sure to click "Register Now" and NOT "Assign to Me." Selecting "Assign to Me" will only add this training to your learning plan and not register you for CEU.
Click here to register in TMS
About the Topic
At the conclusion of this program, learners will be able to list at least two activities VA Police do to improve CBOC safety; discuss at least two ways to assess your surroundings for unsafe situations; describe at least two critical-thinking elements to plan your reactions to incidents; list at least three personal security best practices in a CBOC or outpatient clinic setting; and discuss two ways CBOC staff can work cooperatively to improve CBOC or OPC security.
Joining on the Day of the Lecture
1. Log into your TMS account (If you have trouble connecting to TMS, click here to join the Adobe Connect webinar; afterwards you must access TMS to certify your attendance and complete CEU requirements).
2. Hover over the training title in your to-do list and click “Start Course”
3. Adobe Connect should open in new browser window
4. AUDIO IS THROUGH VANTS: 1-800-767-1750, access code 37009#
5. You have 30 days after the webinar to complete the program evaluation to access your accredited certificate. After 30 days, the program evaluation expires in TMS.
Download Accredited Certificate
1. From the Home screen in TMS, click on “Completed Work.”
2. Hover your mouse over the program title and click “View Details” in the popup window that appears. DO NOT click on “Print Certificate” – this creates a generic TMS certificate.
3. In the Completed Work Details screen, find the section named “Accreditation Details.”
4. Click the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your preferred accreditation.
Subscribe to SC MIRECC News and Announcements
Click here to subscribe to our mailing list to receive SC MIRECC CBOC MH Rounds alerts and other SC MIRECC announcements in your inbox.