Home | South Central MIRECC
Veteran Welllness Guide
This guide is for Veterans who want to improve their well-being.
CBT Strategies Guide
This is a practical guide for clinicians who want to use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression (CBT-D) with Veterans.
Stress Less: Relaxation Enhancement Group Manuals
This brief relaxation intervention is meant to provide short-term symptom relief for anxiety and stress.
The mission of the South Central MIRECC is to promote equity in engagement, access, and quality of mental health care for Veterans facing barriers to care, especially rural Veterans.
For the latest updates on what SC MIRECC researchers are working on, follow us on Twitter at @SCMirecc
Email us at VISN16SCMIRECCEducation@va.gov
- VA/Clergy Partnership for Rural Veterans featured in Rocky Mountain MIRECC Short Takes Podcast
- 12/6/2019 - Georgia Gerard interviews Chaplain Steve Sullivan about how he helped create the VA/Clergy Partnership for Rural Veterans for the RMIRECC podcast series. Initiated and supported by SC MIRECC and the VA Office of Rural Health (ORH), this partnership brought together community clergy, mental health providers, and others to help Veterans gain access to both VA and community care and support. Chaplain Sullivan worked to establish six ongoing VA/Clergy “community action boards” (CABs) in rural sites throughout Arkansas. These efforts supported the creation of ORH's Community Clergy Training Program.
- Mr. Thane Erwin and Ms. Sasha Holladay receive SC MIRECC New Clinical Core Collaborator Award
- 12/6/2019 - Congratulations to Mr. Thane Erwin and Ms. Sasha Holladay with VISN 17 for receiving the SC MIRECC 2019 New Clinical Core Collaborator Award! We appreciate their incredible work on Dr. Tracey Smith's FLOW Clinical Demonstration Project.
- Registration Open for December webinar on talking about firearms and death by suicide
- 12/6/2019 - VA Providers can now register for our December CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds webinar "A Public Health Approach to Talking About Firearms and Death by Suicide." This training is co-sponsored by the VHA Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention. One hour of free CEU is available for JA IPCE, ACCME, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, and NYSED SW.
- Dr. JoAnn Kirchner Receives SC MIRECC Award for Mentor of the Year
- 11/18/2019 - Congratulations to our 2019 Mentor of the Year Dr. JoAnn Kirchner! We appreciate all of the mentoring she's provided over the years to researchers at SC MIRECC, CeMHOR, and Behavioral Health QUERI.