Home | South Central MIRECC
Management of Dementia Related Behaviors
These brochures help caregivers and providers identify and manage dementia-related behaviors.
Get Moving and Get Well Manual (2nd Edition)
This manual was developed for Veterans living with psychotic disorders, major depression, bipolar disorder, and severe posttraumatic stress disorder who have difficulty identifying and making use of opportunities for physical activity.
COMPASS: Vocational Materials for Veterans with Barriers to Unemployment
COMPASS is a job readiness course for Veterans seeking employment.
The mission of the South Central MIRECC is to promote equity in engagement, access, and quality of mental health care for Veterans facing barriers to care, especially rural Veterans. For more information, email us at VISN16SCMIRECCEducation@va.gov
- SC MIRECC Celebrates Black History Month 2021
- 2/25/2021 - The health and wellness of Black Veterans and their families matters! Black Veterans and their families face health care disparities at higher rates in areas such as sleep, stress, wellness, and dementia. Our free clinical education products teach healthy skills to address these and other mental health issues.
- Winter Newsletter
- 2/25/2021 - Read our winternewsletter for updates on our faculty, research, resources, accomplishments, and more!
- New Resource for Managing Dementia Related Behaviors
- 11/16/2020 - Dementia related behaviors include wandering, impulsivity, problems with sleep and appetite, feelings of depression, suicidal thoughts, and many others. These brochures help caregivers and providers identify and manage dementia related behaviors.