Rocky Mountain MIRECC for Suicide Prevention
Updated: 29 June 2016
VA Suicide Risk Management Consultation Service
Specifically for VA Providers and Staff
MIRECC Intranet on the Internal VA Network
The link listed below is only accessible to VA Providers and Staff on the MIRECC VA Intranet website.
Make your request online at the http://vaww.mirecc.va.gov/srm/
One-on-one consultation at no charge for VA Providers with general or specific questions about Suicide Risk Management.
Speak directly with staff psychologists and physicians about:
- Conceptualizing Suicide Risk
- Treatment Options
- Evidence-based Resources for Suicide Risk Management (e.g., how to best mitigate risk in “x” populations)
- Improving Care for those with Suicidal Thoughts & Behaviors (e.g., Programmatic Issues)
How Does It Work?
- STEP 1: Provide reason for request
- You’ll answer a few brief questions and provide your location.
- STEP 2: Discuss your questions
- Consult lengths vary according to your need.
- STEP 3: Review recommendations & give feedback
- You and the consultant will collaboratively develop recommendations. Later, you can provide feedback on the process.
Who Can Call?
Any VA provider working with Veterans with suicidal thoughts & behaviors. Mental health professionals, primary care clinicians, care coordinators, etc. may request a consult.
The Suicide Risk Management Consultation Service does not provide emergency services.
For emergencies, contact 911 or the Veteran Crisis Line at (800) 273-8255, then press”1”
Clinicians can follow this link to look at resources specifically designed for your needs. Click to visit