Coaching into Care
Does your spouse or family member need help for alcohol or substance abuse? A Veteran of the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan? Do you have trouble convincing them to get help? Give us a call: 888-823-7458. Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST
The TBI Toolkit
This toolkit provides necessary information to address the needs of individuals with a history of TBI and co-occurring mental health conditions. The toolkit specifically emphasizes TBI in justice-involved and Military/Veteran populations.
Suicide Prevention Always
Preventing suicide starts with this simple act of support: Be There. Click to learn how you can #BeThere this month to help someone feel less alone
MIRECCs (Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Centers) and CoEs (Centers of Excellence) Mission were created to generate new knowledge about the causes and treatments of mental disorders, apply new findings to model clinical programs, and widely disseminate new findings through education to improve the quality of veterans’ lives and their daily functioning in their recovering from mental illness.
MIRECCs and COEs
- New England MIRECC - VISN 1
- Dual Diagnosis: Veterans with mental illness in combination with addiction problems
- Center for Integrated Healthcare - VISN 2
- Integrating mental health services into the primary care setting
- Center of Excellence for Suicide Prevention - VISN 2
- Reduce the morbidity and mortality in Veterans due to suicidal behavior
- VISN 3 MIRECC
- The focus is on maximizing recovery for veterans with Serious Mental Illnesses (SMI)
- VISN 4 MIRECC
- Focus on measurement-based care, which refers to the use of biomarkers, self-assessment, or other measures of disease/problems as a way to influence treatment planning and program management.
- VA Capitol Health Care Network MIRECC - VISN 5
- Improve the care of all Veterans with schizophrenia and other Serious Mental Illnesses
- Mid-Atlantic MIRECC - VISN 6
- Overarching goal is the clinical assessment and treatment of post-deployment mental illness and related problems
- South Central MIRECC - VISN 16
- Improve access to evidence-based practices in rural and other underserved populations
- VISN 17 Center of Excellence (COE) for Research on Returning War Veterans
- Focus on mental health issues in returning war Veterans (OEF/OIF/OND)
- Rocky Mountain MIRECC for Suicide Prevention - VISN 19
- To study suicide with the goal of reducing suicide in the veteran population
- Northwest MIRECC - VISN 20
- To improve the health and well-being of Veterans by developing, evaluating, and disseminating novel effective treatments for military posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and its complex comorbidities.
- Sierra Pacific MIRECC - VISN 21
- To improve the clinical care for veterans with dementias and with PTSD
- Desert Pacific MIRECC - VISN 22
- To improve the outcome of patients with chronic psychotic mental disorders (schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and psychotic mood disorders)
- VISN 22 Center of Excellence for Stress and Mental Health - CESAMH
- To optimize the well-being and functioning of Veterans, CESAMH conducts integrated neurobiological and psychosocial science to develop, evaluate and disseminate treatment for trauma-related conditions.
- The National Center for PTSD
- To advance the science and promote the understanding of traumatic stress as to improve the well-being and understanding of American Veterans
The pages listed below our the most visited (and most interesting) pages after we remove the homepage for eaach MIRECC/CoE (which are listed)elsewhere.