Home | South Central MIRECC
Gulf War Illness: Explaining Unexplained Symptoms Brochure
This brochure describes the causes, symptoms, and treatment for Gulf War Illness.
Psychotherapy Options for Psychosis
Brochures that explain psychosocial interventions that can be helpful in the treatment of Veterans with psychosis.
Medication Management of PTSD in Veterans with mTBI Pocket Card
A clinical decision making tool that helps VA clinicians with pharmacological management of PTSD in Veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
The mission of the South Central MIRECC is to promote equity in engagement, access, and quality of mental health care for Veterans facing barriers to care, especially rural Veterans.
For the latest updates on what SC MIRECC researchers are working on, follow us on Twitter at @SCMirecc
Email us at VISN16SCMIRECCEducation@va.gov
- Dr. Lindsey Martin Records Podcast with Panel on The Role of Cultural Antrhopologists in VA Healthcare
- 7/10/2019 - QUERI Dissemination Coordinator Diane Hanks talks with Alison Hamilton, PhD, MPH; Lindsey Martin, PhD, Megan McCullough, PhD; and Erin Finley, PhD, MPH, about the role that cultural and medical anthropologists play in improving care for Veterans..
- News Flash: Clinical Educator Grant Program is Open for Applications from VISN 16 and 17 Mental Health Providers until August 2
- 7/8/2019 - Our FY20 Clinical Educator Grant Program is accepting applications. Mental health clinicians, researchers, evaluators, and educators in VISNs 16 and 17, or those collaborating with VISN 16 or VISN 17 mental health staff members, are eligible to apply.
- New Brochure on Psychotherapy Options for Psychosis
- 7/3/2019 - Our "Psychotherapy Options for Veterans with Psychosis" brochures explain psychosocial interventions that can be helpful in the treatment of Veterans with psychosis. It includes Veteran and clinician brochures that describe psychosis, four psychosocial treatments for psychosis, and what to expect during treatment.
- New Brochure on Gulf War Illness Symptoms
- 7/3/2019 - Our "Gulf War Illness: Explaining Unexplained Symptoms" brochure describes the causes, symptoms and treatment of Gulf War Illness. It describes diagnostic categories for fatigue, pain, and mood/cognitive difficulties and treatment options for Gulf War Illness at VA. It also provides the link to join the Gulf War Illness Registry.
- Exploring the First 20 Years of SC MIRECC Education
- 6/13/2019 - Drs. Jennifer L. Bryan, Michael R. Kauth, and Ali Abbas Asghar-Ali exlpore the first 20 years of our education initiatives and their impact on improving mental health services for rural Veterans and clinicians in a Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions article.