Home | South Central MIRECC
Veteran Welllness Guide
This guide is for Veterans who want to improve their well-being.
CBT Strategies Guide
This is a practical guide for clinicians who want to use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression (CBT-D) with Veterans.
Brief Digital Accelerator Treatment for Gambling Clinician Guide and Resources Workbook
This clinician guide and resources workbook helps providers use a brief intervention to treat problem gambling.
The mission of the South Central MIRECC is to promote equity in engagement, access, and quality of mental health care for Veterans facing barriers to care, especially rural Veterans.
For the latest updates on what SC MIRECC researchers are working on, follow us on Twitter at @SCMirecc
Email us at VISN16SCMIRECCEducation@va.gov
- Mr. Cornelius Blackshear Receives New Collaborator Award
- 1/21/2020 - Congratulations to Mr. Cornelius Blackshear with the United Way of Greater Houston for receiving the SC MIRECC 2019 New Collaborator Award! Thanks for being an invaluable resource and support for the work we do for Veterans and their families.
- Dr. Erin Finley Receives Best Publication by Senior Investigator Award
- 1/21/2020 - Congratulations to Dr. Erin Finley for receiving the SC MIRECC Award for Best 2018 Publication by a Senior Investigator for her first author paper "Psychotherapy Practices for Veterans with PTSD among Community-Based Providers in Texas."
- Mr. Dale Perkins Receives SC MIRECC Major Contributor Award
- 1/21/2020 - Congratulations to Dale Perkins for receiving the SC MIRECC 2019 Major Contributor Award! Thanks for all you do for our center.
- Dr. Jenn Bryan Receives SC MIRECC Award for Excellence in Training and Dissemination
- 1/2/2020 - Congratulations to Dr. Jenn Bryan for receiving our 2019 Award for Excellence in Training and Dissemination! Thanks for all of your efforts to advance mental health education and access to resources.
- Dr. Joseph Constans Receives Innovation Initiative Award
- 1/2/2020 - Congratulations to Dr. Joseph Constans for receiving one of 10 VA HSR&D Innovation Initiative Awards for his project "Developing an Evaluation of a Veteran-Informed Means Restriction Intervention for Suicide Prevention.
- PhotoVoice Project featured in VA HSR&D Podcast
- 12/20/2019 - Drs. Gala True, Sarah Ono, and Traci Abraham discuss the PhotoVoice project for Veterans and their caregivers.
- VA/Clergy Partnership for Rural Veterans featured in Rocky Mountain MIRECC Short Takes Podcast
- 12/6/2019 - Georgia Gerard interviews Chaplain Steve Sullivan about how he helped create the VA/Clergy Partnership for Rural Veterans for the RMIRECC podcast series. Initiated and supported by SC MIRECC and the VA Office of Rural Health (ORH), this partnership brought together community clergy, mental health providers, and others to help Veterans gain access to both VA and community care and support. Chaplain Sullivan worked to establish six ongoing VA/Clergy “community action boards” (CABs) in rural sites throughout Arkansas. These efforts supported the creation of ORH's Community Clergy Training Program.