Home | South Central MIRECC
Gulf War Illness: Explaining Unexplained Symptoms Brochure
This brochure describes the causes, symptoms, and treatment for Gulf War Illness.
Psychotherapy Options for Psychosis
Brochures that explain psychosocial interventions that can be helpful in the treatment of Veterans with psychosis.
Medication Management of PTSD in Veterans with mTBI Pocket Card
A clinical decision making tool that helps VA clinicians with pharmacological management of PTSD in Veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
The mission of the South Central MIRECC is to promote equity in engagement, access, and quality of mental health care for Veterans facing barriers to care, especially rural Veterans.
For the latest updates on what SC MIRECC researchers are working on, follow us on Twitter at @SCMirecc
Email us at VISN16SCMIRECCEducation@va.gov
- Registration Open for October Webinar on Working with Patients Who Use Hate Speech: Ethical Issues
- 9/26/2019 - VA Providers can now register for our October CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds webinar on the ethical issues of working with patients who use hate speech. Drs. John Billig (National Center for Ethics in Health Care) and Tom Mullin (George E. Wahlen VAMC) are our presenters. One hour of free CEU is available for JA IPCE, ACCME, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, and NYSED SW.
- Dr. Gala True Delivers Keynote on Work with Veterans and Families at International Family Nursing Conference
- 9/4/2019 - Congratulations to New Orleans Affiliate Dr. Gala True on giving the opening keynote address on her work with Veterans and families at the International Family Nursing Association conference. Dr. True presented with family caregiver and collaborator Sharon Urbina, who is the caregiver to her husband Carlos and is an Elizabeth Dole Foundation Fellow. Mrs. Urbina shared her story, experiences with research, and the importance of including caregivers as partners in research and clinical care.
- Dr. Lilian Dindo Receives IQuEST Outstanding Faculty Educator Award
- 9/4/2019 - Congratulations to Houston Site Leader Dr. Lilian Dindo for receiving the Outstanding Faculty Educator Award from the Houston HSR&D Center for Innovation in Quality, Effectiveness & Safety (IQuEST).
- Summer Newsletter is Available
- 7/25/2019 - The summer issue of our newsletter features our new TRIPS awardees, a research to practice summary of an article on Veteran-centered barriers to the use of VA mental health services, new grants in New Orleans, updates on our researchers' presentations and awards, recent products and publications, and announcements for research funding and methodology support.
- Dr. Lindsey Martin Records Podcast with Panel on The Role of Cultural Anthropologists in VA Healthcare
- 7/10/2019 - QUERI Dissemination Coordinator Diane Hanks talks with Alison Hamilton, PhD, MPH; Lindsey Martin, PhD, Megan McCullough, PhD; and Erin Finley, PhD, MPH, about the role that cultural and medical anthropologists play in improving care for Veterans.