MIRECC / CoE
Clinical Educator Grant Program | South Central MIRECC
Clinicians and researchers at VA medical centers (VAMCs) and community-based outpatient clinics (CBOCs) in VISNs 16 and 17 develop products through this program to improve mental health care for rural and other underserved Veterans.
It also amplifies research and clinical demonstration projects through the development of clinical tools, intervention materials, training programs, and evidence-based treatment manuals. Products are given to the public for free.
Grant awards range from $500-$7,000. Multi-site collaborative projects at facilities in VISNs 16 and/or 17 may be eligible for a grant up to $10,000.
- Mental health clinicians, researchers, evaluators, and educators in VISN 16 and VISN 17 or those collaborating with VISN 16 or VISN 17 mental health staff members are eligible to apply for a grant.
- A single applicant must be designated the “principal applicant” even if the project has multiple collaborators.
- For multi-site collaborations where each site has its own leader, those individuals will be designated “co-principal applicants.
- For those collaborating with staff outside of VISN 16 or VISN 17, the “principal applicant” must be a VISN 16 or VISN 17 staff member.
- Trainees may apply but must identify a permanent VA mental health staff member as a co-applicant.
- Veteran consumers or non-VA community members can be co-applicants but not principal applicants.
- Awardees will be designated SC MIRECC Affiliate Investigators during their project.
Use our helpful application instructions and sample applications below to fill out the application.
Email your complete application to VISN16SCMIRECCEducation@va.gov by 4:00 pm CT on August 7, 2020.
Copy your Mental Health or Service Line Chief for concurrence on the email. If you work at a CBOC, also include your Clinic Director.
If your Service Chief or Director is not included on the email, we cannot accept your application.
Products developed through this program will be available to the public for free. These products are ideal for mental health care providers, advocates, and Veterans and their family members. View our inventory to access products.
Last updated: June 4, 2020