MIRECC / CoE
National CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds | South Central MIRECC
The National Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) Mental Health (MH) Grand Rounds provides training on the latest mental health evidence-based practices, research findings, and emerging issues.
Target Audience: Mental health providers in VA CBOCs (however all VA providers can attend)
CEU: 1 hour of free CEU per month (ACCME, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, NYSED SW)
July 2018 CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds Webinar
Dementia and Delirium
Ali Abbas Asghar-Ali, MD and Ruchi Aggarwal, MD
Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 8-9 am CT
Thursday, July 12, 2018, 11am-12 pm CT
Registering for both days will cause delays when completing the program evaluation for CEU.
Dementia is a major public health concern affecting over 770,000 Veterans. The incidence of dementia increases with age, with more than 90% of those affected over the age of 60. It is one of the most costly chronic conditions that the VA treats and its financial impact is expected to grow with the increasing number of aging Veterans. This presentation will introduce the common types of dementia and distinguish it from delirium.
1. Log into your TMS account (If you have trouble connecting to TMS, click here to join the Adobe Connect webinar; afterwards you must access TMS to certify your attendance and complete CEU requirements).
2. Hover over the training title in your to-do list and click “Start Course”
3. Adobe Connect should open in new browser window
4. AUDIO IS THROUGH VANTS: 1-800-767-1750, access code 37009#
5. You have 30 days after the webinar to complete the program evaluation to access your accredited certificate. After 30 days, the program evaluation expires in TMS.
1. From the Home screen in TMS, click on “Completed Work.”
2. Hover your mouse over the program title and click “View Details” in the popup window that appears. DO NOT click on “Print Certificate” – this creates a generic TMS certificate.
3. In the Completed Work Details screen, find the section named “Accreditation Details.”
4. Click the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your preferred accreditation.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive SC MIRECC CBOC MH Rounds alerts and other SC MIRECC announcements in your inbox
August 8 & 9, 2018 -Transdiagnostic Treatments to Improve Access & Reduce Therapist Burden
September 12 & 13, 2018 - Gun Culture
October 12 & 13, 2018 - Treating PTSD in Rural Settings
November 14 & 15, 2018 - To Be Determined (TBD)
December 12 & 13, 2018 - TBD
VA providers can access recent recordings of CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds webinars. Recordings are not accredited and will be available on our VA Pulse webpage (accessible to VA employees only) for a limited time. Select recordings may be accredited as enduring products in TMS as time and resources allow.
Email VISN16SCMIRECCEducation@va.gov for more information.
Last updated: July 5, 2018