MIRECC / CoE
National CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds | South Central MIRECC
Infertility and Mental Health
Presenter: Laura J. Miller, MD
Dates: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 8:00 - 9:00 am CT and Thursday, July 14, 2022, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT (repeat)
Target Audience: VA CBOC mental health providers (all VA providers are welcome to attend)
CE: 1 hour of JA IPCE, ACCME, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, NYSED-SW, NYSED-P
You have two chances to attend this webinar. Do NOT select "Assign to Me" as this will not register you. Select "Register." Then select the event you want to attend. Only register for the training you will attend or you will have issues with completing the evaluation and getting CE. If you need help, email Kimber.Polette@va.gov.
After the training learners should be able to:
- Explain how infertility can be experienced as a unique stressor.
- Describe the range of potential mental health consequences of experiencing infertility.
- List at least three areas of focus that commonly arise in psychotherapy for people experiencing infertility.
- VA Providers: You should join through VA TMS. If you have trouble, join directly using the Adobe Connect link below. You will have to access TMS afterwards to get CE. Contact the TMS Help Desk for assistance.
- Join Adobe Connect: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/r2d57915eod/
- VA Providers have 30 days after the training to complete the program evaluation and get their accredited certificate. After 30 days, the program expires in TMS.
- In TMS, select “My History.”
- Find the training in your history and select “View Details” from the dialog box that opens when you tab to or hover over the title. DO NOT select “print certificate” as this creates a generic TMS certificate.
- In the Completed Work Details screen, find the section named “Accreditation Details.”
- Select the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your preferred CE.
Invited presenters can read our guidelines (PDF) to learn what to submit for their webinar. Your slides must include tips for how CBOC and rural providers can use what you will teach in clinical practice. Read our rural/CBOC needs checklist (PDF) to learn the special needs of CBOC and rural providers.
- August 10 & 11, 2022 - Caring for Veterans with Psychosis
- September 14 & 15, 2022 - Using Brief CBT for Depression and Suicide Prevention
- October 12 & 13, 2022 - The Health Benefits of Nature and “The Great Outdoors” Guide
- November 9 & 10, 2022 - Food Insecurity
- December 14 & 15, 2022 - To be determined
If you would like a non-accredited link to view the recording of a recent webinar, contact Ashley.McDaniel@va.gov (no CEU will be provided for viewing a direct link to a non-accredited recording).
Select recordings are accredited for CE and available in TMS. Visit the accredited recordings webpage to take these trainings. Currently, accredited recordings can only be accessed by VA providers in TMS.
Last updated: June 21, 2022