MIRECC / CoE
National CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds | South Central MIRECC
The Ethics of Responding to Microaggressions and Discriminatory Requests
Presenter: David Wittkower, MA and Ali Abbas Asghar-Ali, MD
Dates: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 8:00 - 9:00 am CT and Thursday, April 15, 2021, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT (repeat)
Target Audience: VA CBOC mental health providers (all VA providers are welcome to attend)
CE: 1 hour of JA IPCE, ACCME, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, NYSED SW
You have two chances to attend this webinar. Do NOT select "Assign to Me" as this will not register you. Select "Register Now." Then select the event you want to attend. Only register for the training you will attend or you will have issues with completing the evaluation and getting CE. If you need help, email David.Hines@va.gov.
After the training learners should be able to:
- Describe the range of microaggressions.
- Identify microaggressions in clinical practice.
- Understand foundational concepts of microaggressions.
- Apply legal/ethical framework for healthcare workers when facing discriminatory requests.
- VA Providers: You should join through VA TMS. If you have trouble, join directly using the Adobe Connect link below. You will have to access TMS afterwards to get CE. Contact the TMS Help Desk for assistance.
- Join Adobe Connect: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/r2d57915eod/
- VA Providers have 30 days after the training to complete the program evaluation and get their accredited certificate. After 30 days, the program expires in TMS.
- In TMS, select “My History.”
- Find the training in your history and select “View Details” from the dialog box that opens when you tab to or hover over the title. DO NOT select “print certificate” as this creates a generic TMS certificate.
- In the Completed Work Details screen, find the section named “Accreditation Details.”
- Select the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your preferred CE.
Invited presenters can read our guidelines (PDF) to learn what to submit for their webinar. Your slides must include tips for how CBOC and rural providers can use what you will teach in clinical practice. Read our rural/CBOC needs checklist (PDF) to learn the special needs of CBOC and rural providers.
- May 12 & 13, 2021 - Treating Substance Use Disorder and the National Telemental Health SUD Consultation Service
- June 9 & 10, 2021 - Military Sexual Trauma and Courage Group
- July 14 & 15, 2021 - Updated Guide to Brief CBT
- August 11 & 12, 2021 - Racial and Social Inequities in Mental Health Practice
- September 8 & 9, 2021 - To be determined
Select recordings of webinars are accredited for CE. Visit the accredited recordings webpage to take trainings from 2018 in TMS.
Currently, accredited recordings can only be accessed by VA providers in TMS but we are putting them in VHA TRAIN for non-VA providers and will post the links online soon.
Each recording is accredited for 1 hour of CE. Recent webinar recordings will be accredited and posted online when they are available.
Last updated: April 1, 2021