MIRECC / CoE
National CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds | South Central MIRECC
Web-Based Skills Training in Affective and Interpersonal Regulation (webSTAIR) Supported by Mental Health Coaching
Presenters: Michele Keller, LPMHC and Julianna Hogan, PhD
Dates: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 8:00 - 9:00 am CT and Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT (repeat)
Target Audience: VA CBOC mental health providers (all VA providers are welcome to attend)
CE: 1 hour of JA IPCE, ACCME, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, NYSED SW
You have two chances to attend this webinar. Do NOT select "Assign to Me" as this will not register you. Select "Register Now." Then select the event you want to attend. Only register for the training you will attend or you will have issues with completing the evaluation and getting CE. If you need help, email David.Hines@va.gov.
After the training learners should be able to:
- Discuss common barriers to receiving mental health for rural Veterans
- List at least three clinical technology innovations that can be combined with video to home to increase access and facilitate care for rural Veterans
- Discuss the role of coaching compared to traditional therapy models to increase use of clinical technology innovations
- list at least two sources for continuing education and training to increase comfort and competence with mental health coaching
- Provide several webSTAIR case examples to demonstrate the use of technology innovations in clinical practice
- VA Providers: You should join through VA TMS. If you have trouble, join directly using the Adobe Connect link below. You will have to access TMS afterwards to get CE. Contact the TMS Help Desk for assistance.
- Join Adobe Connect: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/r2d57915eod/
- Audio is through your computer speakers. Call 1.800.767.1750 x37009 if you need to listen by phone.
- VA Providers have 30 days after the training to complete the program evaluation and get their accredited certificate. After 30 days, the program expires in TMS.
- In TMS, select “My History.”
- Find the training in your history and select “View Details” from the dialog box that opens when you tab to or hover over the title. DO NOT select “print certificate” as this creates a generic TMS certificate.
- In the Completed Work Details screen, find the section named “Accreditation Details.”
- Select the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your preferred CE.
Invited presenters can read our guidelines (PDF) to learn what to submit for their webinar. Your slides must include tips for how CBOC and rural providers can use what you will teach in clinical practice. Read our rural/CBOC needs checklist (PDF) to learn the special needs of CBOC and rural providers.
- February 10 & 11, 2021 - Substance Use in Aging Rural Veterans: An Interdisciplinary Geriatrics Consultation Team Approach
- March 10 & 11, 2021 - Using An All-Encompassing Approach to Treat Affective Disorders
- April 14 & 15, 2021 - Tentative: Responding to hate speech and microaggressions
- May 12 & 13, 2021 - Treating Substance Use Disorder and the National Telemental Health SUD Consultation Service
- June 9 & 10, 2021 - Military Sexual Trauma and Courage Group
- July 14 & 15, 2021 - To be determined
Select recordings of webinars are accredited for CE. Visit the accredited recordings webpage to take trainings from 2018 in TMS.
Currently, accredited recordings can only be accessed by VA providers in TMS but we are putting them in VHA TRAIN for non-VA providers and will post the links online soon.
Each recording is accredited for 1 hour of CE. Recent webinar recordings will be accredited and posted online when they are available.
Last updated: December 31, 2020