MIRECC / CoE
National CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds | South Central MIRECC
The National Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) Mental Health (MH) Grand Rounds provides training on the latest mental health evidence-based practices, research findings, and emerging issues.
Target Audience: Mental health providers in VA CBOCs (however all VA providers can attend)
CEU: 1 hour of free CEU per month (ACCME, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, NYSED SW)
September 2018 CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds Webinar
The Complex Truth of Weapons in Veteran Families: The Ethical Issues Associated with Safety Bias when Talking with Veterans and their Families About Guns
Kevin S. Beasley LCSW
Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 8-9 am CT
Thursday, September 13, 2018, 11am-12 pm CT
This webinar is presented twice for your convenience. Select "Register Now" and then select the event you are going to attend. Do not select "Assign to Me." Register for one webinar only.
Wednesday, September 12 (6:00 am PT / 7:00 am MT / 8:00 am CT / 9:00 am ET)
Thursday, September 13 (9:00 am PT / 10:00 am MT / 11:00 am CT / 12:00 pm ET)
The presenter will discuss an approach with the primary focus on applying ethical principles related to cultural competency to address the unique sub-culture of gun ownership; how understanding the Veteran’s and family’s relationship with weapons and guns can increase vs. decrease safety in the home; and how better understanding of the laws and regulations around weapons can increase provider’s ability to influence safety with Veterans and families. The goal is for providers to feel more confident combining cultural competency tools with motivational interviewing concepts to facilitate “global safety” discussions with Veterans and their families.
1. If you have trouble joining through TMS, visit http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/r2d57915eod/.
2. Computer speakers or 1.800.767.1750 x37009
3. You have 30 days after the training to complete the posttest and program evaluation to access your accredited certificate. After 30 days, the program evaluation expires in TMS.
1. From the Home screen in TMS, click on “My History.”
2. Hover your mouse over the program title and click “View Details” in the popup window that appears. DO NOT click on “Print Certificate” – this creates a generic TMS certificate.
3. In the Completed Work Details screen, find the section named “Accreditation Details.”
4. Click the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your preferred accreditation.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive SC MIRECC CBOC MH Rounds alerts and other SC MIRECC announcements in your inbox.
October 12 & 13, 2018 - Treating PTSD in Rural Settings
November 14 & 15, 2018 - Military Sexual Trauma in Men and Women
December 12 & 13, 2018 - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
January 9 & 10, 2019 - CBT for Insomnia
February 13 & 14, 2019 - THRIVE Program
March 13 & 14, 2019 - Depression Treatment for Pregnant & Nursing Women
April 10 & 11, 2019 - To Be Determined (TBD)
Email Ashley.McDaniel@va.gov for a link to a recent recording of the CBOC Rounds.
Email VISN16SCMIRECCEducation@va.gov for more information.
Last updated: September 6, 2018