MIRECC / CoE
National CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds | South Central MIRECC
Courage Group: Helping Veterans with MST Move Forward Together
Presenter: Derrecka Boykin, PhD and Carine Meyer, LCSW
Dates: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 8:00 - 9:00 am CT and Thursday, October 14, 2021, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT (repeat)
Target Audience: VA CBOC mental health providers (all VA providers are welcome to attend)
CE: 1 hour of JA IPCE, ACCME, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, NYSED-SW, NYSED-P
You have two chances to attend this webinar. Do NOT select "Assign to Me" as this will not register you. Select "Register Now." Then select the event you want to attend. Only register for the training you will attend or you will have issues with completing the evaluation and getting CE. If you need help, email David.Hines@va.gov.
After the training learners should be able to:
- Describe MST, its prevalence, and associated impact on mental health functioning.
- Discuss the benefits of conducting a psychoeducational group with MST survivors.
- Identify practical strategies and adaptations for delivering Courage Group in diverse clinical settings (e.g., primary care, specialty care, CBOCs).
- List at least two mental health treatments and other resources that can supplement group treatment.
- VA Providers: You should join through VA TMS. If you have trouble, join directly using the Adobe Connect link below. You will have to access TMS afterwards to get CE. Contact the TMS Help Desk for assistance.
- Join Adobe Connect: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/r2d57915eod/
- VA Providers have 30 days after the training to complete the program evaluation and get their accredited certificate. After 30 days, the program expires in TMS.
- In TMS, select “My History.”
- Find the training in your history and select “View Details” from the dialog box that opens when you tab to or hover over the title. DO NOT select “print certificate” as this creates a generic TMS certificate.
- In the Completed Work Details screen, find the section named “Accreditation Details.”
- Select the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your preferred CE.
Invited presenters can read our guidelines (PDF) to learn what to submit for their webinar. Your slides must include tips for how CBOC and rural providers can use what you will teach in clinical practice. Read our rural/CBOC needs checklist (PDF) to learn the special needs of CBOC and rural providers.
- November 17 & 18, 2021 - Ethics and Adjusting to Post-Pandemic Life
- December 8 & 9, 2021 - Moral Injury
- January 12 & 13, 2022 - Vocal Coaching via Telehealth for Rural Transgender Veterans
- February 9 & 10, 2022 - Heart Rate Variability and Mindfulness for PTSD (HeartMath)
- March 9 & 10, 2022 - To be determined
If you would like a non-accredited link to view the recording of a recent webinar, contact Ashley.McDaniel@va.gov (no CEU will be provided for viewing a direct link to a non-accredited recording).
Select recordings of 2018 webinars are accredited for CE and available in TMS. Visit the accredited recordings webpage to take these trainings. Currently, accredited recordings can only be accessed by VA providers in TMS.
Last updated: September 30, 2021