MIRECC / CoE
SC MIRECC National CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds | South Central MIRECC
Women’s Mental Health – Considerations for Community Based Outpatient Clinics
Presenters: Lynette Adams, PhD
Dates: Wednesday, October 11, 2023, 8:00 - 9:00 am CT and Thursday, October 12, 2023, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT (repeat)
Target Audience: VA CBOC mental health providers (all VA providers are welcome to attend)
Continuing Education (CE) Credit: 1 free hour of JA IPCE, ACCME, ACPE, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, NYSED-SW, NYSED-P, CRCC
You have two chances to attend this webinar. Do NOT select "Assign to Me" as this will not register you. Select "Register." Then select the event you want to attend. Only register for the training you will attend or you will have issues with completing the evaluation and getting CE. If you need help, email Megan.Wandersee@va.gov.
After the training learners should be able to:
- Describe demographic characteristics and utilization care patterns of women Veterans in the VHA.
- Identify at least three gender specific considerations for working with women Veterans in a CBOC setting.
- List at least three resources for clinicians in support of working with women Veterans.
- VA Providers: You should join through VA TMS. If you have trouble, join directly using the Adobe Connect link below. You will have to access TMS afterwards to get CE. Contact the TMS Help Desk for assistance.
- Join Adobe Connect: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/r2d57915eod/
- VA Providers have 15 days after the training to complete the program evaluation and get their accredited certificate. After 15 days, the program expires in TMS.
Select recordings are accredited for free continuing education credit and available to VA providers in TMS. Visit our recorded CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds for continuing education webpage to take these trainings. These recorded webinars can only be accessed by VA providers in TMS.
- In TMS, select “My History.”
- Find the training in your history and select “View Details” from the dialog box that opens when you tab to or hover over the title. DO NOT select “print certificate” as this creates a generic TMS certificate.
- In the Completed Work Details screen, find the section named “Accreditation Details.”
- Select the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your preferred CE.
CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds webinars occur monthly on 2nd Wednesdays (8:00 am CT) and 2nd Thursdays (11:00 am CT, repeat).
- November 8 and 9, 2023 - Relationship Health and Safety
- December 13 and 14, 2023 - Psychedelics in Mental Health
- January 10 and 11, 2024 - XR for Mental Health
- February 14 & 15, 2024 - To be determined
- March 13 & 14, 2024 - To be determined
Invited presenters can read our guidelines (PDF) to learn what to submit for their webinar. Your slides must include tips for how CBOC and rural providers can use what you will teach in clinical practice. Read our rural/CBOC needs checklist (PDF) to learn the special needs of CBOC and rural providers.
Last updated: September 25, 2023