MIRECC / CoE
Rocky Mountain MIRECC for Veteran Suicide Prevention
Suicide is complex but it is also preventable. Beyond treating Veterans in crisis there are so many ways to tackle this. When you look at the topics we investigate, from gut bacteria to community gatherings, you see the possibilities.
- Podcast: Tibetan Singing Bowls with John Ferguson/dt>
- 24 March 2020 - This is a very special episode during this uncertain time for all of us. Adam recorded this podcast with John Ferguson a retired Marine with a couple of tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. After he left the service a buddy talked him into taking a yoga class. It changed his life. What is particularly special about this episode is that John leads us through two meditations using Tietan singing bowls. Enjoy
Listen to Tibetan Singing Bowls with John Ferguson
Download the transcript
- Podcast: Meet Dennis Gillan
- 10 March 2020 - Adam saw Dennis' Ted Talk that went kind of viral and decided we should try and get him on our podcast. Now, we send out invitations just into the blue when we here or see something we like. It's not like we are Ira Glass of This American Life and everyone has heard of us and jumps at being on our podcast. But sometimes we get lucky and produce a really nice show. Like this one.
Listen to Meet Dennis Gillan
- Podcast: Objective Zero with Justin Miller and Chis Mercado
- 11 February 2020 - The VA's public-private partnership gets another turn of the mic with Adam Hoffberg interviewing Justin Miller and Chis Mercado from Objective Zero. Justin and Chris are the heart of the Objective Zero origin story and the power of listening. Listen to their story and how it has inspired many, many others to reach out and help. Visit their website: https://www.objectivezero.org/
Listen to Objective Zero with Justin Miller and Chis Mercado
Download the podcast transcript.
Rocky Mountain Regional VAMC (RMR VAMC)
1700 N Wheeling St, G-3-116M
Aurora, CO 80045
Salt Lake City
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
500 Foothill DR
Salt Lake City, UT 84148