Sharpen Your Skills
As a community or VA provider, there may be times when you need additional information or professional support from trusted experts to help guide your treatment of Veterans who may be at risk of suicide.
To ensure you have the information, tools and resources you need, SRM provides access to therapeutic risk management best practices, prevention trainings, and resources for community and VA providers, including:
- Clinical guidance documents and structured instruments to aid in suicide risk assessment and management
- Documentation strategies and examples
- Trainings for both clinicians and non-clinicians
- Suicide postvention resources
Below are links to some of the most helpful resources:
Tools and Trainings
Visit the SRM Tools and Training page for more information on clinical tools and trainings that can assist you in delivering therapeutic risk assessment and management. These include resources such as a risk stratification tool, risk-benefit analysis, measures, and links to trainings that offer basic and advanced information relevant to Veteran suicide prevention.
Learn more about Therapeutic Risk Management (TRM) of the Suicidal Patient, a clinical, medical, and legal-informed model for the assessment and management of suicide risk.
View and download the VA/DoD Suicide Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs).
Readings and Presentations
- View and download SRM-recommended articles on TRM and safety planning resources.
- View and download presentations that can help providers more confidently treat Veterans at risk of suicide.
The Rocky Mountain MIRECC Staff are leaders in the field of Veteran mental health and suicide prevention.
View research publications from SRM authors:
- Bridget B. Matarazzo, PsyD
- Dr. Hal S. Wortzel
- Georgia Gerard, MSW, LCSW
- Dr. Peter M. Gutierrez
- Sarra Nazem, PhD
If you still have questions at any point in time, please Request a Consult. SRM is here to help.