MIRECC / CoE
Rocky Mountain MIRECC for VA Suicide Prevention
Rocky Mountain Short Takes on Suicide Prevention: Spiritually Integrated Care for PTSD and Moral Injury
3 May 2017
Veterans who present with PTSD and moral injury often report spiritual distress that places them at higher risk for suicide. In this podcast, we share up to date research on moral injury, spiritual distress, and empirically tested techniques for helping veterans use their own spiritual resources as an asset in their recovery. “Building Spiritual Strength,” a manualized group intervention for PTSD and moral injury, is described, along with resources for therapists who would like to learn new techniques for assisting veterans who are managing PTSD and moral injury.
- Learn more about J. Irene Harris, PhD
- Email Dr. Harris to receive “Building Spiritual Strength,” the manualized group intervention for PTSD: Jeanette.Harris2@va.gov
- Trauma, Meaning, and Spirituality: Translating Research Into Clinical Practice
- Learn more about Georgia Gerard
- Listen to Georgia's podcast on Moral Injury released 21 September 2016
The podcast is approximately 42 minutes long.
You can find all our podcasts at iTunes on your iPhone or on your Android device. You can also find all our episodes at our host site. Other places where you can find our podcasts include: iHeart Radio, and Blubrry.
Categories: Suicide Prevention