MIRECC / CoE
Uniting for Suicide Postvention - Community
Check out additional resources from our suicide prevention and postvention partners by following the links below.
- American Association of Suicidology (AAS): www.suicidology.org
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP): https://afsp.org
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (T.A.P.S.): www.taps.org
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC): www.sprc.org
Additional Resources Discussed in the Community Section of USPV
- Recommended Readings & Resources for Survivors
- by John R. Jordan PhD
- Search by zip code to find resources and support groups near you: https://afsp.org/our-work/chapters/find-your-chapter
- Asian American Suicide Prevention Initiative
- The Dougy Center
- Service for Grieving Children and Families
- Friends for Survival
- a comprehensive manual for starting suicide bereavement programs/groups
- Hello Grief
- a place to share and learn about grief and loss: www.hellogrief.org
- The National Alliance for Grieving Children
- National Organization for People of Color Against Suicide
Grief Camps for Children
If you are looking to start offering postvention in your workplace, check out the Workplace section of USPV.
If you are a medical or mental health provider who has lost someone to suicide (personally or professionally), check out the Providers section of USPV.