VA » Health Care » MIRECC/CoE » VISN 4 MIRECC » VISN 4 MIRECC Philadelphia Investigators and Mentors - Henry Kranzler, M.D.
VISN 4 MIRECC Philadelphia Investigators and Mentors - Henry Kranzler, M.D.
- Henry Kranzler, M.D.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- MIRECC Role(s): Investigator, Fellowship Director (Psychiatry)
- Bio:Dr. Kranzler is a 1982 graduate of Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Rutgers University. He completed a psychiatric residency and NIAAA Postdoctoral Fellowship in Alcohol Studies at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. He is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry and a Fellow of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology. Dr. Kranzler's research has been continuously supported since 1987 by grants from NIAAA and NIDA. He has authored or co-authored more than 400 journal articles, book chapters, and other publications. He has chaired the NIAAA Clinical and Treatment Subcommittee, has been a frequent journal reviewer, and is a member of the editorial boards of six journals. Dr. Kranzler is Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the Center for Studies of Addiction at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Click here to download a copy of Dr. Kranzler's CV.
- Research Interests: Dr. Kranzler’s research focuses on the genetics and pharmacological treatment of alcohol and drug dependence and common co-morbid psychiatric disorders. In addition, this work focuses on clinical trials methodology and the identification of genetic moderators and their mechanism of action in the pharmacological treatment of substance use disorders.