VA » Health Care » MIRECC/CoE » VISN 4 MIRECC » VISN 4 MIRECC Philadelphia Investigators and Mentors - David W. Oslin, M.D.
VISN 4 MIRECC Philadelphia Investigators and Mentors - David W. Oslin, M.D.
- David W. Oslin, M.D.
- Email: Dave.Oslin@va.gov
- MIRECC Roles: Director, Investigator, Fellowship Director (Physicians), Fellowship Primary Mentor
- Bio: Dr. David Oslin is Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. Dr. Oslin is the Director of the VISN 4 Mental Illness, Research, Education, and Clinical Center (MIRECC) and the Associate Chief of Staff for Behavioral Health at the Philadelphia VAMC. The MIRECC and Behavioral Health Laboratory support research on comorbidity and integrated care, respectively, and facilitate a number of research projects for post-doctoral fellows and faculty. Dr. Oslin is the author of over 80 research publications and 31 chapters, books, or editorials.
- Research Interests: Dr. Oslin’s research interests includes studies access to behavioral health intervention care, treatment outcomes for addictive disorders, and pharmacogenetics of addiction treatment. Specific projects include an adaptive treatment study of naltrexone to develop strategies for maintenance treatment and for non-response to treatment.
- Two studies examine endophenotypes associated with alcohol craving, subjective high and intoxication. Two other studies explore improving access to treatment for alcohol misuse with a focus on brief interventions and care management services.
- Additionally, Dr. Oslin continues research on the implementation and dissemination of evidence based practices for integrating primary and mental health care.