MIRECC / CoE
A Veteran's Guide to Talking With Kids About PTSD | South Central MIRECC
This pamphlet is an honest and gentle in encouraging Veterans to consider their hopes and fears in talking with their kids about PTSD.
- Can be used independently by a Veteran or in conjunction with a therapist as part of a therapy group, class, or workshop
- Parents’ strengths are emphasized
- Readers are encouraged to draw upon support from family members, friends, other Veterans
- Rooted in a recovery approach and instills hope in Veteran parents, for both themselves and their children
- Published 2015 | Content last reviewed by developer in 2019 and deemed current
Michelle D. Sherman, PhD, Kristy Straits-Troster, PhD, ABPP, Jessica Larsen, PhD, and Jenna Gress-Smith, PhD.
What Do You Think About This Product?
Let us know by answering this 2-minute anonymous survey.
Use of these Materials and Finding VA Health Care
Please note that the health care information provided in these materials is for educational purposes only. It does not replace the role of a medical practitioner for advice on care and treatment. If you are looking for professional medical care, find your local VA healthcare center by using the VA Facilities Locator & Directory.
Other products you might like...
Last updated: February 25, 2021