Rocky Mountain MIRECC for Veteran Suicide Prevention
Suicide is complex but it is also preventable. Beyond treating Veterans in crisis there are so many ways to tackle this. When you look at the topics we investigate, from gut bacteria to community gatherings, you see the possibilities.
- The Second Zero Suicide Trilogy Podcast
- We present our 2nd Zero Suicide Trilogy with stories recorded at the 2017 Bridging the Divide Conference last May. This trilogy features Ursula Whiteside (Why and How Now Matters Now), Richard McKeon (An Agency's Approach to Zero Suicide) and Sarah Brummett (A State's Approach to Zero Suicide). These conversations are short and give a brilliant insight to Zero Suicide.
- Clinical Program: VA HOME Program
- 7 September 2017 - The VAntage Point blog has a story featuring Dr. Bridget Matarazzo from Rocky Mountain MIRECC for Veteran Suicide Prevention. The story, "New program allows VA staff to make house calls for Veterans who return home after inpatient mental health care" dives into how providing home care to Veterans after inpatient psychiatric care prevents suicide. Read the full story.
- Podcast: Life Experience Captured with Dese'Rae L. Stage
- 6 September 2017 - Live Through This #Stay...captured through the art, the lens, the stories of our lived experience. Adam caught up with Dese'Rae earlier this summer and this conversation is the result. I was listening in on the other line and she blew me away with her everything-ness. Adam would ask her about how she came up with this or that idea and Des would just say something like, "I got bored one day so I wrote this program/created this movie/started this movement." Yes, of course you did and we all benefited.
VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System
1055 Clermont ST
Denver, CO 80220
Salt Lake City
VA Salt Lake City health Care System
500 Foothill DR
Salt Lake City, UT 84148