Newsletter | South Central MIRECC
Spring 2019, Volume 21, Issue 2 - In this Issue
Thoughts on the VA Research Experience from a Veteran’s Point of View
Research to Practice | Increasing Participation of Iraq- and Afghanistan Veterans in Research
New Clinical Demonstration Project TheraMetrics Begins
Researchers Awarded Pilot Study Research Grants
Pilot Study Research Program Applications Due July 1
Implementation, Design and Analysis Support Available for Affiliates
- Cerimele J, Fortney J, Pyne J, & Curran G (2019). Bipolar disorder in primary care: A qualitative study of clinician and patient experiences with diagnosis and treatment. Family Practice, 36(1), 32-37. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Cheney AM, Koenig CJ, Miller CJ, Zamora K, Wright P, Stanley R, Fortney JC, Burgess JF, & Pyne JM (2018). Veteran-centered barriers to VA mental healthcare services use BMC Health Services Research, 18,591. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Connolly SL, Miller CJ, Koenig CJ, Zamora KA, Wright PB, Stanley RL, & Pyne JM (2018). Veterans’ attitudes towards smartphone app use for mental health care: Qualitative study of rurality and age differences. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 6(8), e70148.
- Fortney JC, Pyne JM, Ward-Jones S, Bennet IM, Diehl J, Farris K, Cerimele JM, & Curran, GM(2018). Implementation of evidence-based practices for complex mood disorders in primary care safety net clinics. Families, Systems, and Health, 36(3), 267-280.
- Haynes T, Turner J, Smith J, Curran G, Bryant-Moore K, Ounpraseuth ST, Kramer T, Harris K, Hutchins E, & Yeary KHK (2018). Reducing depressive symptoms through behavioral activation in churches: A Hybrid-2 randomized effectiveness-implementation design. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 6422-29. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Huddleston C, Martin L, Woods K, & Dindo L (2018). One-day behavioral intervention for distressed Veterans with migraine: Results of a multimethod pilot study. Military Medicine, 183(7-8), e184-e192.
- Narcisse MR, Felix H, Long CR, Hudson T, Payakachat N, Bursac Z, & McElfish PA (2018).Frequency and predictors of health services use by Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders: Evidence from the U.S. Health Interview Survey. BMC Health Services Research, 18575. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Pyne JM, Kelly PA, Fischer EP, Miller CJ, Wright P, Zamora K, Koenig CJ, Stanley R, Seal K, Burgess JF, & Fortney JC (2018).Development of the perceived access inventory: A patient-centered measure of access to mental health care. Psychological Services.Advance online publication.
- Renn BN, Asghar-Ali AA, Thielke S, Catic A, Martini SR, Mitchell BG, & Kunik ME (2018). A systematic review of practice guidelines and recommendations for discontinuation of cholinesterase inhibitors in dementia. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 26(2), 134-147. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Renn BN, Hundt NE, Sansgiry S, Petersen NJ, Kauth MR, Kunik ME, & Cully JA (2018).Integrated brief CBT improves illness intrusiveness in Veterans with chronic pulmonary disease. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 52(8), 686-696.
- Stanley MA, Wilson NL, Shrestha S, Amspoker AB, Wagener P, Bavineau J, Turner M, Fletcher TL, Freshour J, Kraus-Schuman C, & Kunik ME (2018). Community-based outreach and treatment for underserved older adults with clinically significant worry: A randomized controlled trial. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry.Advance online publication.
Last updated: April 25, 2019