MIRECC / CoE
Suicide Risk & Prevention among Asian American & Pacific Islander Veterans - Research Participation
For this study, we are recruiting:
(1) Asian American and Pacific Islander Veterans who have experienced suicidal ideation or suicide attempt (at any point in their lifetime);
(2) Individuals who work with Asian American or Pacific Islander Veterans or who have expert knowledge of Asian American and Pacific Islander populations.
Asian American and Pacific Islander Veteran Interviews
We are sending invitations to Veterans ages 18-89 who identify as Asian American or Pacific Islander to call us to see if they are eligible to participate. Participation is voluntary and confidential.
Veterans interested in participating will be asked to complete a brief telephone screen (approximately 5-10 minutes) to assess their eligibility to participate. If eligible, Veterans will meet with someone from our research team to complete an interview (by phone, teleconferencing, or in-person) and some brief questionnaires. The appointment will take approximately 2 hours. Compensation will be provided.
Most appointments will occur by telephone or teleconferencing.
If you have questions or would like to participate, please call our Research Coordinator, Christe’An Iglesias, at 720-216-4342*.
*Our team is based out of Denver and is generally available during business hours (Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 PM Mountain Standard Time); however, please feel free to leave a voicemail (even if outside of those hours) and we will return your call.
Key Informant Interviews
We are also using various methods to recruit individuals with experience or knowledge of Asian American and Pacific Islander Veterans.
These key informant groups include:
- Veterans Service Organizations representatives
- Healthcare providers (VHA and non-VHA)
- Suicide Prevention Coordinators
- Crisis line workers
- Staff from other organizations that may have expert knowledge of Asian American and Pacific Islander Veterans
- Community members
Interviews will take an approximately 1 hour, will be offered by telephone, teleconferencing, or in-person, and can be scheduled at times convenient for study participants.
Last Updated 8 December 2022