MIRECC / CoE
Rocky Mountain MIRECC for Veteran Suicide Prevention - Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Opportunity
Please Note: We are NOT accepting applications at this time, please check back for updates in the future.
Fellow will focus their research and career development in these core areas:
- Public Health Suicide Prevention
- Health Services Research
We are no longer accepting applicants for a two-year, Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) funded, non-clinical postdoctoral position that will focus on Veteran suicide risk and prevention research. Fellowship combines individualized, mentored research and training, emphasizing the design, conduct and statistical analysis of data from large-scale, public-health oriented surveys and administrative records. Fellow will contribute to research on improving suicide prevention for historically underrepresented and underserved Veterans, including women Veterans, Veterans not engaged in VA healthcare, and racial and ethnic minority Veterans. Primary mentorship will be provided by Dr. Claire Hoffmire. Additionally, interested applicants have the opportunity to work with Drs. Jeri Forster, Lindsey Monteith, and Ryan Holliday, depending on fit, availability, and interest.
Location: Denver, Colorado or remote for qualified applicants.
- US Citizenship
- Applicants must hold a doctorate degree (Ph.D. or equivalent degree in epidemiology, health services research, public health science, or a closely related field preferred) at the start of the fellowship.
- 1-2-page cover letter describing research interests and professional accomplishments
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 letters of recommendation, with at least 1 being from someone familiar with applicant’s research work
- 3 references with contact information (can include the two letter writers)
- Writing sample (preferably published work)
Applications from Veterans, women, racial and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Applications are no longer being accepted.
To learn more about the ASPIRE lab, visit our website: www.mirecc.va.gov/visn19/aspire/
Rocky Mountain Regional VAMC (RMR VAMC)
1700 N Wheeling St, G-3-116M
Aurora, CO 80045
Salt Lake City
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
500 Foothill DR
Salt Lake City, UT 84148
Last Updated 8 October 2021