MIRECC / CoE
ACT on Health Toolkit | South Central MIRECC
The ACT on Health Toolkit helps VA medical center mental health leadership and clinicians implement 1-day acceptance and commitment training (ACT) workshops in community-based settings.
- Supports collaboration between VA staff and partners at community-based organizations.
- Provides brief overview of ACT and the ACT evidence base.
- Toolkit organized into the workshop’s implementation phases:
- Establishing community partnerships
- Obtaining training and skills for workshop clinicians
- Organizing and conducting workshops
- Options for offering virtual online workshops and follow-up ‘drop-in’ sessions for Veterans who complete a workshop
- Methods for gathering evaluation data if desired
- Resources section details products that can be used to engage VA/community stakeholders and workshop participants.
- Includes links to online trainings and cyber-seminars. Also has links to brief videos to publicize the workshops and train ACT clinicians.
- NOT a “how-to” guide on becoming an ACT therapist.
- Published 2022
Lilian Dindo, PhD, Gala True, PhD, Tracey L. Smith, PhD, Derrecka Boykin, PhD, Merlyn Rodrigues, MA, Ken Woods, MBA, McKenzie K. Roddy, PhD, Raquel D. Gonzalez, BA, and Ray Facundo, MSW.
What Do You Think About This Product?
Let us know by answering this 2-minute anonymous survey.
Use of these Materials and Finding VA Health Care
Please note that the health care information provided in these materials is for educational purposes only. It does not replace the role of a medical practitioner for advice on care and treatment. If you are looking for professional medical care, find your local VA healthcare center by using the VA Facilities Locator & Directory. This page may contain links that will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites.
Other products you might like...
Last updated: December 30, 2021