MIRECC / CoE
Newsletter | Summer 2023 Article 4 | South Central MIRECC
SC MIRECC Consumer Advocacy Board Available for VISN 16 Veteran-Facing Projects
The South Central MIRECC is excited to announce the revitalization of our Consumer Advocacy Board (CAB). The board is comprised of Veteran stakeholders with various backgrounds and experiences. This well-established group of stakeholders have a wealth of knowledge and have spent the past 20 years advocating for Veterans and our efforts to better serve them. The CAB is available to provide valuable feedback about Veteran-facing projects at VA to researchers, educators, and clinicians in VISN 16.
If you would like to present to the CAB, the following dates are available and will be filled in the order of requests received.
- August 2, 2023: Open
- September 6, 2023: Open
- October 4, 2023: Tentatively Booked
- November 1, 2023: Booked
- December 6, 2023: Open
- January 3, 2024: Open
- February 7, 2024: Open
- March 6, 2024: Open
- April 3, 2024: Open
- May 1, 2024: Open
- June 5, 2024: Open
The CAB meets the first Wednesday of each month from 10:00 – 11:00am (CST) via Zoom.
Please consider any opportunities you might have to send forward to the CAB – they would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your work and how it can best meet the needs of Veterans. Additionally:
- Although most presentations are 45 minutes long, shorter presentations (20-30 minutes) are also possible.
- Most presentations are research or education based but it is possible that providers may have new clinical programs or program evaluation projects that may benefit from a CAB presentation and discussion.
- Presentations should address Veteran mental health topics but are not required to be VA-specific.
- Unfunded and developmental projects are especially welcome as these projects are often the best place to get stakeholder input.
If you have any questions about presenting to the CAB, please reach out to the team, which includes Dr. Jeff Cully (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mr. Darrell Zeno (Darrell.Zeno@va.gov) and Dr. Joseph (Jay) Boffa (Joseph.Boffa@va.gov).
Last updated: July 25, 2023
In this Issue
— MIDAS for Active Projects
— Meet the Researcher
— CBOC MH Rounds Recordings in TMS
— Consumer Advocacy Board
— DEI Brief Guide
— DEI Calendar of Events
— Anchor Site Highlights
— New Clinical Education Resource
— Publication Highlights
— Pilot Grant Opportunity
SC MIRECC Menu
Leadership & Staff
Little Rock Fellowship
CBOC Grand Rounds
New and Featured
Products by Topic