MIRECC / CoE
Medication Management of PTSD in Veterans with mTBI | South Central MIRECC
This pocket card is a clinical decision making tool that helps VA clinicians with pharmacological management of PTSD in Veterans with mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI). Includes:
- Detailed table describing the PTSD Traumatic event exposure, Re-experiencing, Arousal, Unable to function, Month, Avoidance, and negative thoughts or feelings (TRAUMA) mnemonic
- Description of the symptoms of mTBI and treatment of PTSD
- Medication table that explains dosing and clinical considerations for comorbid PTSD/mTBI pharmacotherapy
- Published 2019
There is also a print-ready version of the card with crop marks.
Muhammad Rais Baig, MD, Adeel Meraj, MD, and Rebecca Tapia, MD
What Do You Think About This Product?
Let us know by answering this 2-minute anonymous survey.
Use of these Materials and Finding VA Health Care
Please note that the health care information provided in these materials is for educational purposes only. It does not replace the role of a medical practitioner for advice on care and treatment. If you are looking for professional medical care, find your local VA healthcare center by using the VA Facilities Locator & Directory. This page may contain links that will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites.
Other products you might like...
- Management of Dementia Related Behaviors
- Program for Advancing Cognitive disorders Education for Rural Staff (PACERS) Training
- Team Up to Facilitate Functioning (TUFF) Series: Interactive Brochures for Treatment of Postconcussive Symptoms in Returning Veterans with History of Traumatic Brain Injury
- See all clinical education products
Last updated: December 29, 2020