MIRECC / CoE
Living with Purpose: A Guide for Getting More Out of Each Day | South Central MIRECC
Many Veterans with depression do not engage in psychotherapy because of barriers like busy work schedules, chronic health conditions, or lack of transportation. This self-help workbook for mild to moderate depression provides an alternative that may better fit into Veterans’ busy lives.
- Includes a clinician guide that provides a brief overview of the Veteran self-help workbook and behavioral activation.
- Helpful as an adjunct to psychotherapy, allowing Veterans to learn skills independently between sessions. This allows the clinician to use face-to-face time to teach more advanced coping skills.
- Incorporates behavioral activation and goal setting to get Veterans more active and more involved in rewarding activities.
- Beneficial for Veterans with mild to moderate depression who are interested in self-management or those who may have mild comorbid disorders such as anxiety or PTSD.
- Published 2013 | Updated 2023
This product is an evidence-based practice.
Natalie Hundt, PhD, Maria Armento, PhD, and Jeff Cully, PhD.
What Do You Think About This Product?
Let us know by answering this 2-minute anonymous survey.
Use of these Materials and Finding VA Health Care
Please note that the health care information provided in these materials is for educational purposes only. It does not replace the role of a medical practitioner for advice on care and treatment. If you are looking for professional medical care, find your local VA healthcare center by using the VA Facilities Locator & Directory.
Other products you might like...
Last updated: December 15, 2023