MIRECC / CoE
Caregiver Voice Hearing Experience | South Central MIRECC
About Caregiver Voice Hearing Experience: A Mental Health Symptom Training
This recovery-oriented training helps caregivers understand the myths and facts, symptoms, and experience of psychosis.
- Gives caregivers the chance to experience "hearing voices" in an audio exercise.
- Includes a step-by-step instruction manual, caregiver guide, and slide presentation for providers to deliver the training.
- Trainers should be well-informed about the illnesses in which psychosis is prominent.
- Published 2022
This product is a best practice.
- Download Instructions for Training
- Download Caregiver Guide
- Download Slide Presentation-PowerPoint
- Download Slide Presentation-PDF
Katie Liermann, LCSW and Tonie Williams, LMSW.
Use of these Materials and Finding VA Health Care
Please note that the health care information provided in these materials is for educational purposes only. It does not replace the role of a medical practitioner for advice on care and treatment. If you are looking for professional medical care, find your local VA healthcare center by using the VA Location Directory. This page may contain links that will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites.
Other products you might like...
Last updated: December 14, 2023